Christmas Lasagna is a fancy layered dessert with buttery red velvet, shortbread cookie crust, peppermint cheesecake layer, white chocolate pudding, whipped cream and mini marshmallows on top.
Easy, tasty, and beautifully designed delight! Make it a hit of your Christmas gathering!
3/4 cup unsalted butter-softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Red food coloring
8 oz. cream cheese-softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 ½ cup Cool Whip-thawed
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 x 3.9 oz. box white chocolate instant pudding
3 cups milk
Green food coloring
1 ½ cups cool whip
2 cups mini marshmallows
Red and green sprinkles
M & M candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly butter 9 x 13 inch baking dish, set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- In large bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add red food coloring and mix well ( I used 1 tablespoon food coloring to get intense red color). Turn you mixer on low speed and gradually add flour mixture. Mix until combine.
- Press the mixture into bottom of baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- To make cream cheese layer beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add 1 ½ cup Cool Whip and peppermint extract and mix to combine. Spread over cooled shortbread layer. Place in the freezer to firm while preparing pudding.
- To make the green pudding layer whisk together 2 x 3.9 oz. boxes white chocolate instant pudding mix with 3 cups milk. Add green food coloring (add a few drops at a time, to desired color) and whisk until smooth. Spread over cream cheese layer. Set in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 ½ cup Cool whip over pudding layer and top with mini marshmallows and sprinkles. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours until set.