It was said that Lavandula or also known as “Lavender” is the most used essential oil in the whole world. It has been used for medicinal and religious reason for over 2,500 years according to the Ancient texts.
It was also used for mummification and perfume by the Egyptians and cooking, bathing and aroma scent by the Romans.
“Mary then took a pound of very costly perfume of pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped His feet with her hair; and the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.” ~ John 12:3
While Mary used it to smear Jesus with her hair and was believed spikenard (a scented ointment much valued during ancient times) was made from lavender oil.
What are the health benefits of lavender?
- Reduces anxiety and stress.
- Helps in healing burns and wounds.
- Improves your sleep and insomnia.
- Restores skin complexion and reduces acne.
- Slows aging with powerful antioxidants.
- Improves skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Ease and relieve headaches.
- Diabetes treatment.
- Improves mood and supports your brain.
- At home, scent; as a natural perfume and it is non-toxic as air freshener.
- Flavor booster in healthy recipes.
100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
The following stated above is only some benefits and purpose of lavender essential oil. Lavender has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm. Lavender aroma is one of the most common scent for many perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products. It is always a must for every home.
“Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favorite because of its classic scent—it’s also highly versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse many areas of your life.”
-Young Living Essential Oil
Source: Dr. Axe, Food & Med